Reflective 550 cord

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by lesleyo, Oct 19, 2013.

1. lesleyo

lesleyo Junior Member

I have been playing with this today and find its not very pliable, as I have only used this and the basic 550 cord I might be talking out of the back of my head!

Its not tying as tight and feels much more bulky, what is your opinion of taking the inners out of one or both cords? This is for dog collars so will not be required for survival!

2. MidwestCord

MidwestCord New Member

Which brand of 550 cord do you normally use, and which brand of cord is your reflective? The nicest looking reflective cord in my opinion seems to be Atwood, and their cord is much stiffer and thicker which could be why it feels bulkier. Reflective cord from gladding and el wood has the same soft and pliable nature as their normal cords, but does seem to be lackluster in the brightness department.

3. lesleyo

lesleyo Junior Member

I am in the UK, we dont have the same manufacturers, I have just order a load from China which I hope will be better.

How much difference will stripping it do? Think I might have a go at that later.

4. MidwestCord

MidwestCord New Member

Did you try taking out the inner strands? If you don't need the cord for strength I do think it is a nice trick to get a flatter cord, which in some applications does look nicer.

5. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I was at a craft store the other day and found some orange and black reflective cord. (16 feet each) I haven tried it yet but I will. I had to finish a customers order before I was able to play around with the new paracord.

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I ordered some orange reflective paracord and it came a couple days ago. So I decided to make a little something for my new house keys. I like how the reflective tracers work. Now I want to get some black, red, pink, and other colors in this reflective paracord.

[​IMG]

7. MidwestCord

MidwestCord New Member

I really love the way reflective photographs. I took some pictures of the living room and the reflective cord just lights up the place!