Recommend me a knife!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Vin, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Vin

Vin Admin

I have a Gerber knife, and it's pretty solid, but being a cheap stainless, the edge doesn't last long. I miss my Gerber LMFII, but I didn't like that it wasn't a full tang and don't want to buy another one.

I want a full tang survival knife that has a strong steel (maybe AUS-8/10 or A2) and holds an edge for a while. Also, I do not do folders, they are worthless in a survival situation as far as I am concerned.

Thoughts?

2. Vin

Vin Admin

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Firearm Collector

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D I'm a frayed knot...

My dad and ex-brother-in-law have ESEE's and they are superb blades. They keep an edge quite well.

If the ESEE is out of your immediate budget, look at the Ka-Bar Becker BK2. That knife is darned near indestructible.

It's the next one on my blade list.
    It will be replacing my Cold Steel GI Tanto, which is a good field knife at a cheap price. I am able to get my GI Tanto sharp enough to shave with.

5. wingspar

wingspar New Member

The ESEE 4 is a great knife. I haven’t had it long or put it thru much use yet, but I can tell you this thing rocks. It has a thick blade, feels solid and is well balanced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. HardcoreSlot

HardcoreSlot New Member

Check out the Ontario Knife RAT series. http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Ontario-RAT--1610
    Full tang, good High carbon steel and good lookin micarta handles.
    Comes in different sizes with plain or partial serrations. And they come with a sweet kydex sheath with tech locks.
    Best of all they don't break the bank!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

Dang it, beat me to it. Esee or Kabar, I like the esee 4 or 5 and the BK2.

8. Hydrashoks

Hydrashoks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

get it together, your slacking man... :)

9. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

I'm trying!

10. catfish

catfish New Member

Check out www irontreeforge.com ,nice handmade knives by a friend of mine. Full tang ,folding or even swords. From Michigan

11. ParacordLegend

ParacordLegend Legend Member

If you are looking for a cheap knives, like i have, amazon has a good variety. ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1394074642.610090.jpg

12. spencert

spencert New Member

Ka bar knives are the way to go
    I bought an old military Ka Bar fighting knife from the Korean War era and I never go in the woods with out it

13. bearman13

bearman13 New Member

I like that we're did you get it.

14. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Try Amazon.

15. ozrick

ozrick New Member

Try a Mora from Amazon carbon steel companion is a good cheap sharp knife

16. KnifeGuy77

KnifeGuy77 New Member

I agree with all the esee people that are speaking out and I am a really big esee supporter but I believe a becker bk7 is a great survival knife (aside from the sheath which is crap) because of its size and strength it has a 7 inch blade and a 3/16 of a inch spine the Steal is 1095 cro-van which is a high carbon steal and the knife is clip point with a full tang construction. The knife is very balanced and comfortable in the hand and is most comfortable if u have medium to large size hands

17. KnifeGuy77

KnifeGuy77 New Member

And just saying don't get a 14 dollar knife

18. jaybird

jaybird New Member

If your looking for a small fixed edc...Check out the Esee Izula.