Paracord dog tag chain cover

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by Highlander99, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Highlander99

Highlander99 New Member

Ok, so I got some dog tags but the ball chain pulls my long hippie hair when I take it off. I saw on the web a picture of a tag chain with gutted paracord covering the chain. I tried it this night but the cord was 1 or 2 inches too short on either side of the first tag. I tried it again and the same thing happened! What am I doing wrong and how should I put the chain through the paracord because I'm pushing it and I'm thainking that could be part of the problem.

2. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

When I try a new paracord project I always start out with much more than needed, just in case it comes up short. Try that.

3. Harlech

Harlech New Member

Also, you can take one of the strands of gut, tie it to your chain, and pull it thru.

4. spleify

spleify Paracord nut

This ^^

and this^^ equal success.

Good luck

5. Mil_HandF

Mil_HandF New Member

What I would do is push it through with extra cord and then boil it to shrink the cord over the chain! I might just try it myself to see how it looks. Thanks for the spark of genus!

6. lesleyo

lesleyo Junior Member

Have you tried a small safety pin, attach the chain and thread both through the cord?
    The end of the chain should fit in the "hole" at the end of the safety pin.