my first attempt at a king cobra bracelet

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by a5hley, Mar 4, 2014.

1. a5hley

a5hley New Member

this is my finished attemped at a king cobra bracele and im very happy the wat its turned out it all one colour so its more practical if i was to need it in a real survival situation fingers crossed i never need it but just in case lol i have made a dog collar witch i realy like but iv left it at home so no picks of that today ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1393936706.597947.jpg ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1393936725.506885.jpg ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1393936744.268075.jpg
    i had to redo it to make it fit snug around my rist a few times lol but its finaly here and im happy with it now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Very nice. What size buckle did you use? I wear a all black king cobra bracelet made with a metal O shackle that I made over three years ago. It's very EDC bracelet.

[​IMG]

3. catfish

catfish New Member

4. a5hley

a5hley New Member

thanks ;) its a small plastic one that i got from ebay 100 for £4 seem to be quite strong and sturdy but we will see as time gose on if it last for at least 3 years like yours has :) but i no for a fact it wont be my last bracelet i make or even the last thing out of paracord i make. i find it very relaxing and i want to get some metal shackle like yours to make better stronge things ;)

5. a5hley

a5hley New Member

thanks catfish ;)

6. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

Welcome to the addiction ;)

7. a5hley

a5hley New Member

thanks its deffo got me carnt wait to go bigger and better :)

8. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Yes it is a fun hobby. It's fun and relaxing to me also.

The shackle in the pic I got from a local hardware store because at the time people werent selling them online like they are now.

9. a5hley

a5hley New Member

im going to have a look at my local hardware store i never thorght of looking there i bet they are cheeper aswell :)

10. DaBigKahuna

DaBigKahuna New Member

Looks great.

Did you make it out of a single strand?

I've made a bunch of king cobras. I usually don't wear them as an EDC as I find them too thick.

Here's one of my favorites. I like the way the orange shines through the ACU.

I should probably make another one of these as this was one of my first ties and I've learned so much since I did this one.

Attached Files:

11. a5hley

a5hley New Member

yes i made it out of one long strand of cord im not to sure how long tho lol and i realy like that one you have made i im going to attempt one like that :)lol thanks for showing us

12. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I like that color choice but I couldn't wear that everyday seeing as I don't wear orange. But for hiking/camping that would make a nice choice.

13. puertorico321

puertorico321 New Member

Where do you all get such cool clasps?

Sent from my iPad using Paracord Forum

14. puertorico321

puertorico321 New Member

The 0 clasp is really different. Where do you get them? Its a nice look!

Sent from my iPad using Paracord Forum

15. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

I got that shackle from a home improvement store about three years ago. I bought two at he time but I never used the second one.

16. a5hley

a5hley New Member

you can buy them from ebay if you have got an ebay account i dont no how much they are and i also got my plastic buckle from ebay 100 for £4 hope this has helped you

17. DaBigKahuna

DaBigKahuna New Member

My Pleasure.

I wear a lot of orange... it's my favorite color. It actually looks less orange when worn than in the picture. I looks more gray.

The clasp on this one was from Creative Design Works http://cdwplus.com/

18. a5hley

a5hley New Member

thanks for the webside its realy intresting i will deffo be getting things off of there

19. justin_deans

justin_deans professional paracordist

you should make on with different colors

20. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I never heard of that link you posted but they sure have some nice clasps and buckles.