Just Finished! 100ft Spools and Spool Holder!

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by MidwestCord, Aug 15, 2013.

1. MidwestCord

MidwestCord New Member

We (my boyfriend and I) have been working on this project for quite a while now, and we finally got it all figured out and are ready to show off the new 100ft Spools of Paracord and the Mini Spool Holder.

Let me know what you think! Is it cool? Useful? A really terrible idea? Too Pink?

Attached Files:

2. Vin

Vin Admin

Nice! How did you make the spools?

3. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

I think the whole thing looks awesome, color and all. Such a great idea! I'm curious as well, I think some 100' spools and your holder would look great in my home lol

4. MidwestCord

MidwestCord New Member

We bought the spools, just kinda guessed at what size we would need and ordered them specially made (had to order a whole lot of them, so hopefully they will be popular!) I am guessing there are a few ways you could make them at home though!

The stand is something you can definitely do at home, we are going to try to do an instructables for it, but if you made your own spools you would probably want to modify our measurements a bit.

5. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

Thats awesome. Are you going to post them up in the for sale section? I think it would be a hit

6. Nelson

Nelson New Member

Really nice. I'm impressed!

7. MidwestCord

MidwestCord New Member

I had looked at that but it seems like maybe it would violate 5.) Reselling of multiple New in Package (NIP ) items for the purpose of making a profit is forbidden.

Since it would be reselling the cord? I am not sure though, it is maybe a grey area?

8. Vin

Vin Admin

The spool holder or paracord? Reselling the paracord new in package would be a violation. But the spool holder is kind of a gray area like you said. Due to the fact we are still growing and not offering vendor accounts, it is something we need to discuss.

We'll get back to you one that.

9. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

What is the measurements of the holder? That would look great in my man cave/paracord workshop. Of course I would need a few of those since I'm growing my color selection.

10. MidwestCord

MidwestCord New Member

You could definitely make it bigger quite easily! We talked about making a few larger ones, but we are thinking maybe they would be cost prohibitive to ship. Maybe this weekend I will get around to having the motivation to make a larger one!

For sure Vin, I don't want to break any rules, I don't know if anyone would want the spool holders without the spools anyways.

11. Vin

Vin Admin

EDIT: Need to re-think this idea.