Joining cord together

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by briandodd, May 21, 2014.

1. briandodd

briandodd New Member

Has anyone got any tips when joining paracord together and how strong is it when it's done. Cheers.?

2. HardcoreSlot

HardcoreSlot Member

the best thing to help this process along that i have found is finding a lighter that will light and stand on its own.
    that way you can set it down, heat your ends with one in each hand and join them with out fumbling all over.

3. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I just hold the two ends to be joined parallel to each other in my left hand (I'm right handed) then in my right hand use whatever lighter I have at the time and melt both pieces they quickly put down the lighter and join the two ends together.
    Then I heat and reshape as needed.

4. higdeezy45b

higdeezy45b New Member

I get them bubbly hot and put them together then after about 1-2 seconds quickly roll the joined ends between my thumb and forefinger. It seems to be a very strong bond compared to just pushing them together. Be careful though it's hot!!!:eek:

5. CharlieBear

CharlieBear New Member

I roll them together after hot but try to get the smallest join you can otherwise it can catch on the rest of he paracord and pull at it. Make it smooth and the same thickness as the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

So true.

7. CharlieBear

CharlieBear New Member

Had that problem many a time

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

8. vladaudio

vladaudio New Member

Very effective (strong) method of joining paracord.
    Search google for: the manny method.

9. JTB_Cord

JTB_Cord New Member

I have started covering the melted joint with a short piece of heat shrink tubing. Had a few joints come apart while tightening and was a pain to unravel to reconnect. Heat shrink tube has seamed to solve that issue so far.

JTB Cords
    Paracord Forum

10. vladaudio

vladaudio New Member

Meet the future of joining paracord: check youtube for : the manny method

11. superfluities

superfluities New Member

link to manny method:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YQovLyKwQw[/ame]

Looks good to connect two different colors but you need access to each end of both pieces of cord, wouldn't work if you run short on a long project that's already woven together or near completion.....