Jeeps

Discussion in 'Outdoor Recreation' started by Keith, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Keith

Keith New Member

Anyone here into Jeeps?

2. BeachinXJ

BeachinXJ ParacordXJ?

Only if it's wrapped in Paracord.

3. Vin

Vin Admin

I used paracord to hold down my safari top on my Jeep since the nylon straps broke. Does that count?

4. BeachinXJ

BeachinXJ ParacordXJ?

Close enough. 3% of the way there.

5. Vin

Vin Admin

BTW, I love my Jeep. Granted it's all stock, I still love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, I haz two. :shhh:

6. Hydrashoks

Hydrashoks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Jeep Thread

My current commuter...2011 JK 4-door...since this pic:
    -added clear turn signals on front and side
    -WARN wireless frog lights on A-pillar KC mounts
    ...That's it as this does 5-600mi a week, and still needs to fit in the garage.

[​IMG]

My previous '98 TJ
    -2004 ZJ engine
    -5" Skyjacker lift, Bilstiens, 33x12.5 BFGs, Bedliner steel wheels
    -Olympic rear bumper, Dave's rack, Warn front bumper w steering guard, KC light bar, KC & Hella lights, clear turn signals
    -K&N FPIK, Full Banks header/downpipe/cat back, on-board air, Optima yellow gel battery
    -stereo, GPS, CB, NOAA weather, electric gun trap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  7. havasu

havasu On permanent vacation

Here is a pic of my 2004 TJ and my 1990 YJ

Attached Files:

8. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member

Very nice !!

I am into jeeps, however I do not own one

9. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

Same here. Would like another XJ :(

10. J-Will

My old 1999 XJ, 3 inch lift, leather, power everything. I miss it. I don't miss the dang engine problems though.

Attached Files:

11. Hydrashoks

Hydrashoks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Love XJs. My all time favorite SUV. One day, ill have a 2dr. My 01 XJ went w the ex wife. I'm ok w that deal...lol.

12. J-Will

I do too. Something about them is just beautiful. I want another one real bad. I should have cut my fenders on that one. Messed the passenger side up pretty bad lol. Too much flex... said nobody ever... Lol about the ex, let her have it!

13. Hydrashoks

Hydrashoks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I hear you on the engine. That TJ right before I sold it, I replaced the engine and trans. lost a wrist pin in the engine, and lunched the trans.

I would have never sold it, but moved to a location where there was room for only one vehicle w 4 wheels, hence the JK.

Sold at a loss as every jeep is...

The XJ did have it's electrical gremlins tho. However, the ex liked to run everything over, so it was a pretty damn strong SUV. I've seen more than one take some serious damage and protect its occupants incredibly.

One day i'll have another.

I really like the look of your white one w the black steel wheels and the 3" lift. That's where an XJ looks good.

14. J-Will

Thanks. I did too lol, I want another just like it. I hear ya on that. I traded a bagged S10 for it, on the drive back home it started jerking real hard like the engine was slamming the RPM down. When I shut it off after the drive it wouldn't start till it was cool. I replaced every sensor I could think of, didn't help. When it warmed up the RPM would slam down randomly, and wouldn't start till it cooled off again. I didn't have the money to put it in a shop so I lost 3 grand selling it... That kinda scares me about ever having one again. Nobody can tell me what the heck the problem was either, besides "heat soak"...

Sorry, it still bugs me to this day that I couldn't figure it out..

15. Hydrashoks

Hydrashoks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

there's a ton of info on the jeep forums regarding that situation. if you go that way, check it out ahead of time brother.

16. J-Will

I will thanks man. I googled my butt off for a week before I decided to sell it. Sucked.

17. Hydrashoks

Hydrashoks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

just did the brakes today...new pads in back w caliper rebuilds and turned all 4 rotors. should be good for another 40k. Fronts had half life so left em in, but rotors were glazed giving me a squeal.

I hate doing brakes.