Is there an easier way to join paracord?

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by Zacklem, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Zacklem

Zacklem New Member

I keep trying to make a two color bracelet, but the joined part is not strong enough.

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Try super glue.

1. Make one end open by removing a 1/2 inch of the inner strands.

2. Take the other end and melt it and try to roll it a little smaller than the first cord in the last step.

3. Put some super glue on the end from the last step and push it inside the end with the cut inner strands.

4. Roll and press it together until the glue dries.

3. Zacklem

Zacklem New Member

4. steven60

steven60 New Member

Nothing is more annoying then getting to a crucial part and giving a tug and the ends come apart...what I've started doing is joining together the ends together like mr paracord stated but only a very light heat then running a few passes with needle and thread thru where they join...it's never come apart yet and some weaves I pull very tight,give that a try

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

5. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I forgot about the heat. I sometimes use a lighter to smooth the open end after I join the two ends.

6. dbass2715

dbass2715 New Member

I wouldnt use glue and ive tried and it comes off wot

7. dbass2715

dbass2715 New Member

With water just take one inch of inner strand then lightly burn end then make s point a little bit then burn it well then stick them

8. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Considering this thread is close to two months old I guess the OP figured it out.

9. GoSlo

GoSlo New Member

I don't know if it's "easier", but the "sleeve and stitch" method makes a very neat and strong joint. You pull back and remove about a 1/2" of core from two pieces and singe one so it stays open like a sleeve and then melt and point the other side. Stick the point into the sleeve, then use a sewing needle and matching color thread to put a few stitches in the joint to hold - as an alternative to super glue.

10. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I'm trying the Manny method the next time I need to join two colors together.

11. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

I like the Manny method it works really well

12. Deek550

Deek550 New Member

I've always held two cleanly cut ends side by side and light them on fire with a lighter. As they both ends get that liquid state appearance, I join them together and they usually fuse together nicely. It may take a little bit of practice to perfect, but you can quickly test it by pulling apart on both the cords once the cord has cooled/dried.

13. Trab9000

Trab9000 New Member

Here is a video I did for the "Manny Method" using a set of needles I designed just for this. See a regular lacing needle that most people use made out of a binding post is too big to fit thru the sheath of the cord. It will take you a ton of force to get it thru. I came up with a 4mm needle and it works perfectly for this method. Check out the vid and let me know what you think.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiRpqhgkvyI[/ame]

thanks!