I could use some help with a project.

Discussion in 'How To' started by bhamer2, Oct 27, 2014.

1. bhamer2

bhamer2 New Member

Hello every one. This is my first post, so if this has been asked before I do apologize in advance. I am working on a duck call lanyard for a Christmas gift and I need to figure out how to transition from a cobra stitch to a round crown sinnet knot. I have been looking on the "net" and haven't seen anything about it. :confused:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I like to end the Cobra with a Diamond knot then from there I start the Sinnet.

When I was making my adjustable 1 inch steel ball Monkey fist I tried using the Sinnet into a Cobra but I ended up with a 4 strand round braid into a Diamond knot so that it can be adjustable. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bhamer2

bhamer2 New Member

Thank you. This is what I am trying to replicate. I have been trying to figure it out. I have 4 strands coming out of the cobra weave and for some reason I can't think of how to get the sinnet knot started.

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Tie a Diamond knot or any ending stopper knot to end the Cobra weave then start the Sinnet.

I chose the Diamond knot because it flowed well with the above project I showed here.

5. bhamer2

bhamer2 New Member

Thanks I will have to try that tonight.

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Post here your results.

7. bhamer2

bhamer2 New Member

Well here is the first of 3 lanyards. Don't be too rough..lol.

Attached Files:

8. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator