Gloves!

Discussion in 'Cord Types & Questions' started by CajunParacordPruducts, Jan 22, 2014.

1. CajunParacordPruducts

CajunParacordPruducts New Member

I need to find a pair of gloves that I can used while making paracord stuff. My hand are pretty much raw after a big order and I can make anything for a couple days. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

2. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

I use mechanics gloves. Plenty of dexterity with those and they keep from getting sore hands when you tie really tight knots.

3. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Welcome CajunParacordProducts!!!!

I use sports tape.

4. ThreeJ

ThreeJ Member

I like to use a natural leather glove, seems to fit tight enough and thin enough to have some feeling.

5. CajunParacordPruducts

CajunParacordPruducts New Member

Can you give me a store or brand for natural leather gloves?

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

6. ThreeJ

ThreeJ Member

I usually just go to one of the big 3 home stores and try them on, they all seem to fit a little different. Then I might buy 2 or three of the same because the next year you never find the same thing.

7. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

I tried Mechanix once. I love them for other things but couldn't get used to them when tying. So I just tear my hands up lol.

8. HardcoreSlot

HardcoreSlot Member

Some mechanics with just the finger tips cut off would be nice.
    Ive used sports tape too.

9. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

No gloves for paracord. I just finished a order yesterday and when my hands started burning I just took a break then got right back to it.

10. Vin

Vin Admin

I don't use gloves. I just suck it up like a man should.

Just kidding :D , I use a pair of knitted polyester gloves. Cord slides on them nice and they are just thick enough to provide some cushion around the inner joints which is where I always go raw. This is the pair I own and are actually liners for other gloves I have.

http://www.botach.com/products/hatch-sl10-power-shield-x3-liners.html

11. Phoenix13C

Phoenix13C Viking

I don't use gloves for making things out of Paracord, but then again, I don't make money off of it either. :)

I Use Gorilla Grip gloves at work. They are the rubber dipped knit gloves. They work well to give grip and maintain dexterity, but no cushion at all. I have enough trouble tying knots with my bare fat fingers. Gloves would just make it worse, I feel.

Maybe some day the calluses will get thick enough to make my wife cringe in pain when I touch her... But it hasn't happened yet.

Good luck.

12. Brian

Brian New Member

I can't wear gloves working or not , comfort thing , usually just work away at para cording with my bare hands

Brian

13. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Vin your first sentence sounds pretty convincing but then read the first sentence of your first paragraph "knitted polyester gloves" LOL!

I'm just messing with you Vin.