Fishing

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by paracordist, Jul 22, 2013.

1. paracordist

paracordist New Member

Hello guys.i love fishing and I love para cord,and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could combine them.thanks

2. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member

Very good question!

Would be rather creative !

3. Vin

Vin Admin

You could pull the inner strands and use them on a traditional bait casting reel. However, pulling 100 feet or something of inner strands solid would be a nightmare!

Keep a length in your tackle box and use it to string up fish. Remember, the good stuff doesn't rot. ;)

No pole holder? No problem. Tie your rod to a rock or the side of a boat.

Forget your net? Make one.

Cut yourself with your filet knife? Make a tourniquet.

String the cord through the pop caps on your beers and throw it in the lake! No more warm beers!

That's all I can think of right now. :D

4. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

This is the opposite end of the spectrum from Vin up there, but a few people take fishing line and a hook or two, and actually weave them into the middle of a king cobra as like a survival thing. Ever get stuck in the woods then you have fishing equipment in your bracelet as well as the cord for making shelter or whatever. Make sense? Same goes for weaving a $20 bill into the middle of a cobra.

5. paracordist

paracordist New Member

Thanks guys great Ideas.

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Make a fishing kit paracord bracelet as seen on You Tube.

7. knottystuff4u

knottystuff4u Paradude

You hadn't seen the paracord fly fishing lures yet? YouTube it dood.

8. MidwestCord

MidwestCord New Member

Wrap the pole handle?

Make a wrap for your fishing hat? I don't know what they call that, but the ones I have seen look really great! Almost like a bracelet that goes around your hat.

Or make paracord projects while you fish, then even if you don't catch anything you will still have something to show off!