First try at the GBW

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by knottystuff4u, Aug 28, 2013.

1. knottystuff4u

knottystuff4u Paradude

This is my first try of the Biker Get Back Whip. Done in Harley colors, Black and Orange, an 8 plait square braid in gutted cord with a Long 2B Turkshead to finish. Tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

2. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

I think you did a phenomenal job! Good work my friend.

3. Vin

Vin Admin

Um, I think that's one of the coolest paracord items I have seen to date.

4. havasu

havasu On permanent vacation

I agree. Very cool!

5. knottystuff4u

knottystuff4u Paradude

Appreciate the compliments. I had a good teacher

6. Hydrashoks

Hydrashoks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So what's the intended application of this?

Asking as I was down on the Skyline heading to the Blue Ridge past May, and there were a few wanna-be SOA members riding by on baggers w whips similar hanging about 3' off the throttle side grip. We saw 'em ride by and were laughing as if they even knew how to corner, catching something would produce catastrophic results.

I was later told that the whip had a weight integrated into the end to hit cars and other bikers.

This a fact?

7. knottystuff4u

knottystuff4u Paradude

Yep, well, there are makers and users of the GBW that install weights(usually metal skull beads) on the ends of the tassels. Just the weight of the 'unskulled' whip is enough to catch attention of a driver that gets entirely too close to a biker. That's why they are called, Get Back Whips. This is my first attempt at one and it's only 35" long, tip to tip, so it's definitely for use in an extreme emergency.

8. Hydrashoks

Hydrashoks ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I like your craft...

BUT that is the most IDIOTIC thing out there. This is coming from someone that does about 10k a year on various motorcycle types, all over the country.

Youtube is full of dumbazzes that take their aggressions out on cagers while on two wheels and learn fatal lessons.

I hope you're smarter than that.

Too many folks think having a bike makes them an instant tough guy.

9. knottystuff4u

knottystuff4u Paradude

Hehe, No I'm not a biker. I did this mainly because of the 8 plait braid and the fact that I didn't need the amount of time or cord for a whip.

10. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Nice! Plus I learned what this is used for by reading on here.

11. toolman67

toolman67 New Member

I want to make a get back whip for my bike. Are there any good how to videos out there?