First attempt at paracord wrapping a knife.

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by bellasmerlain, Mar 24, 2014.

1. bellasmerlain

bellasmerlain Junior Member

I found these knives at a great price and wanted to see what they would look like in black. I like the results. 1395686074030.jpg 1395686108876.jpg

2. Nice job! I like to use skate board tape under my wraps when possible to keep the cord from shifting or as long as your knife is stainless steel try dipping the wrap in boiling water, it will shrink the cord down tight and when dry typically your handle wrap will be "rock" hard..

3. bellasmerlain

I never thought about grip tape, great idea thanks. I have that problem with another project......

4. bellasmerlain

Well it happened, the black slipped off, so I tried some gutted paracord, still slips, but not as much. Thanks for the heads up.
    1396716229968.jpg

5. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Those look like throwing knives.

6. Mil_HandF

Mil_HandF New Member

Nice looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

7. dragon5126

dragon5126 New Member

Another "base" Ive used is liquid tool handle dip let it cure up all the way and the cord will bite into it. when the cord is removed you have a textured rubberized handle left in place. I haven't THUS FAR (over 5 yrs) had any issues with any that Ive unwrapped, becoming stick or tacky residue wise. Ive been watching for it (never know) if it happens, a wrap of cellophane or saran wrap can be added. but like anything that hasn't had a decade to prove, time will tell. We have seen grip tape slip over time, no difference here. Just a point we all need to keep in mind.