EDC Knife help

Discussion in 'Knives' started by younghunter, Oct 7, 2014.

1. younghunter

younghunter New Member

Ok so I'm 16 and I am looking for a good EDC knife. I would prefer a folding knife but I can manage with a fixed blade. My budget is below 200$ . I live in TN so no more knife laws and I would prefer the brands Cold Steel or Ka-Bar.

2. HardcoreSlot

HardcoreSlot Member

**** man, for 200 you could snag up just about anything.
    My current favorite EDCs are all less than 50 bucks and will do anything any higher priced blades will.
    For me Spyderco's Tenacious and Resilience are the top of the heap there. I scored both for less than 80 bucks combined.
    Kershaw's Leek and Skyline are also great high value knives, as are the Tremor, Free Fall, Clash, and Chill. And at around $15 the Chill is an unbeatable value.
    I forgot to mention the Kershaw Emerson collaborations, they are awesome, built like tanks, have the wave, great fit, finish and all of the 8 different ones can be had for under 40 bucks.
    CS, SOG, Boker, Benchmade, and CRKT also make awesome blades.
    If you want a fixed blade, most of those companies have them, Im not keen on EDCing a fixed so I cant help much there.
    Also, (if you'll allow a shameless plug) I make small to medium fixed blades. If you cant find what you are looking for PM me and I may be able to help you there.(check link in sig for more info.)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014

3. younghunter

younghunter New Member

Thanks I saw a few of your knives and they look awesome I pm you if I wanna buy one

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D I'm a frayed knot...

For a folder, look at the Benchmade Griptillian.
    Great knife. It sits a little higher in the pocket than I like for a true EDC folder, but that is my ONLY complaint.

Another that's a little better for EDC is the Enzo Birk 75.
    D2 steel, deep pocket carry clip, carbon fiber scales to keep the weight down, it's a phenominal blade. Wish I still had mine.

For a fixed blade EDC, I alternate between the Ka Bar TDI (non-serrated by preference) and the ESEE Izula.

I'm designing a leather pocket sheath for the Izula that will allow for front pocket carry. I'll try to post pics when I get the prototype done.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  5. younghunter

younghunter New Member

A buddy of mine had the Enzo Birk . I liked the way it felt in my hand

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

This has been my EDC since I got it for myself for my birthday this past February.

It's the CRKT Crawford Kasper and it can lock into a fixed blade which I put to the test a few weeks ago cutting some webbing. Even without the extra lock the knife has a very strong lock up without any wiggle.

There it is next to my Gerber FAST which was my EDC for more than 4 years before I got the CRKT.

Attached Files:

7. younghunter

younghunter New Member

Nice I finally settled on a Kershaw chill

8. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Nice choice. My next knife will be the Chill or Brawler.

9. HardcoreSlot

HardcoreSlot Member

good choice! you'll love it!

10. JTB_Cord

JTB_Cord New Member

Only thing I hate about working at the airport, no pocket knife! My EDC belonged to my dad before he passed. No way am I chancing that one to the TSA!

Keep Twisting!
    JTB Cords

11. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I know that's right.

12. ThePrepDerp2

ThePrepDerp2 New Member

in my opinion EDC knife is an oxymoron. I mean it's your every day carry. You can't bring a knife. If you're lucky you might sneak a paraframe knife or a Swiss Army knife

13. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Yeah but a knife of any size is better than no knife. I carry a SAK Classic on my spare keys and I carry a Leatherman Squirt PS4 on my main keys. So I always have some kind of knife on me.

14. cyclops_hammer

cyclops_hammer New Member

I love my zero tolerance 0350st and 566. Their under the 200 mark. Made in USA by kershaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

15. ThePrepDerp2

ThePrepDerp2 New Member

I've started carrying the Ritter rsk mk5

16. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I have the RSK in a survival pouch that I put together a little over 5 years ago. I always wanted to get another one to carry around but I never did.

17. ThePrepDerp2

ThePrepDerp2 New Member

I can understand why it's a beast of a blade for its size

18. -thefox

-thefox New Member

Becker Necker! 1095 crovan. Buy the micarta scales to go with it. I've had mine as my EDC for around four years now. Has never let me down!