Different Colored Knot Ideas

Discussion in 'Knots, Knots, Knots' started by Parajunkie, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Parajunkie

Parajunkie New Member

Can anyone give me some types of knots that will use more than one strand of paracord color? Like, 2 different colors for a lanyard or something.

I would like a list of knots so I can Google project ideas with those knots and post them here after I finish them.

2. Crf4871

Crf4871 New Member

Navy lanyard knot?

I'm not sure what its actually called but I've completed one with six colors that twist around an object. You could do more with a bigger object to be wrapped. Or you could just tie the knot around the cord your using. I haven't quite figured out how to post pictures, but I'm excited to get my projects posted! The knot I'm referring to I believe is a half hitch using different starting points. I saw one on a bell on a navy ship.

3. Crf4871

Crf4871 New Member

This is a square knot version

This square knot used four colors and I tied it around a spent 5.56 casing with a hole drilled through the end for my keys!

Attached Files:

4. Crf4871

Crf4871 New Member

Six color twist

Here's the six color knot. You could use more strands on either side but beyond that you could use different colors on each side of the half hitch.

Attached Files:

5. Crf4871

Crf4871 New Member

A different view

A different view

Attached Files:

6. Southern_cordist

Southern_cordist Southern state of mind

7. Crf4871

Crf4871 New Member

Visable pics?

Thanks Southern Cordist! Some people say they cannot see the pictures... I take it you could. I wonder what i did wrong...? Thanks again for the reply!

8. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

How is it finished at the top where I see the black paracord? I like the look of the colors. Nice work.

9. Crf4871

Crf4871 New Member

Thanks!

Thank you for your post! The top part is nylon webbing sewn on. I used a speed stitch. I originally made it for a key fob but it ended up being too big! Now i know people can see the pics...:D

10. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

11. Parajunkie

Parajunkie New Member

That's really cool. I'm going to have to try it!