Confessions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vin, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Vin

Vin Admin

This is the confessions thread. Post your confessions here. Don't worry, I'm like a priest and you're on the other side of the mesh window. ;)

Keith says he likes sundresses, but my confession is I think I enjoy them more. It must be the breeze.

2. Vin

Vin Admin

Confession 2. I killed a production server for 2 hours and I might lose my job over it! I guess in the world of IT you aren't allowed to make mistakes.

3. BeachinXJ

BeachinXJ ParacordXJ?

Hah. Vin - I feel your pain. Ever accidentally click restart instead of logout? Yeah, in 2k8r2 they are really close together when using remote desktop.

4. Vin

Vin Admin

Any job openings, please let me know. I just got off the phone with my systems admin. He tried to sheild me, but it didn't work. Got presidents screaming for action I guess. Funny, our load balancers and checks didn't catch the long running query that should have failed anyway. I mean, this thing was a beast for MySQL. I guess it was the perfect storm.

Don't most firings happen on Friday?

5. BeachinXJ

BeachinXJ ParacordXJ?

Usually at the end of the day, yeah. I can't imagine they would let you go. What happened exactly? The fact the load balancers and system itself didn't stop that from happening shouldn't be your fault directly.

6. Keith

Keith New Member

What do you do for a living David?

Confession: I liked the show Girls.

7. Vin

Vin Admin

I agree. But the systems guys usually get off, and the front line guys get the pounding. Granted, it's not 100% my fault, after it failed I should have made sure the process wasn't running on background, but it was. I figured with the severed connection (PuTTy failed) it should have killed the query. It killed this server, but we have redundancy, so why has become such a fiasco is beyond me.

I like Showgirls tool. No one blames you for liking boobies. :D

I am a Data Analyst, with privileges. Beachin likes to call me a click monkey. Ha!

8. BeachinXJ

BeachinXJ ParacordXJ?

Clickey with privileges... that's a bad combo. :D

9. Jetscuh

Jetscuh New Member

I like my cats.

10. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I stopped smoking again, and I try to put on a mean face so to speak, but it's something I enjoy. I'm not a slave to it, and I very much want to go back to smoking.

That's the same attitude that has destroyed me time and again.

11. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

Ugh.. This will come back to bite me.. I'm currently finishing every season of Greys Anatomy.. I'm addicted.

12. Shooter

It's cool. My sister watches that show with all her girlfriends. I think she owns all the seasons.

When you're sitting around with your sorority sisters what do you guys munch on? Is it rice cakes?

13. J-Will

Lol my wife owns them all. I'm going to ignore your jabs and answer your question anyways.. Usually chips and salsa.. hahah :eek:

14. Vin

Vin Admin

Me and the girls like munching on cinnamon sticks and rainbows. Whatcha point?

15. Vin

Vin Admin

These are my confessions, just when I thought I said all I can say I came up with more secrets to tell you today, my confessions.

16. J-Will

I want to buy a VW Beetle..

17. Shooter

I like chips and salsa. When you do your wife's hair is it odd she talks about boys?

No point. Carry on.

My Dad drives one. It's a convertible. He's 6'9" so he looks a little funny, but he loves it.

18. J-Will

My wife is awesome, she does my hair and I talk about guns. ;)

19. Vin

Vin Admin

But does your wife chime in about gunz? My wife get's jealous when I get mine out of the safe at night and not hers. :D

20. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator