cobra query

Discussion in 'Knots, Knots, Knots' started by lesleyo, Nov 19, 2013.

1. lesleyo

lesleyo Junior Member

How do you tie the cobra? I use two colours, I take one over the top and thread the other under and through..... basic, BUT I use the same colour to go over the top each time, which means when I get to the end I have used more of that thread than the other!

When looking at the knots they LOOK as if they have used the same amount of thread.

I have checked videos and they all seem to have the same amount of each thread left. (I used different cord for the core). So, should I be creating loops with both threads not just one?

Does this make sense?

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Are you hiding the joint where the two colors were melted together inside by the core strands?
    If so then yes you will have a little more of one color than the other left over at the end.

3. Anderson4456

Anderson4456 New Member

Be sure too pull it tight on both sides. I flip mine over sometimes halfway through and finish it. It seems to work to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

4. Mil_HandF

Mil_HandF New Member

Got a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

5. americanmade550

americanmade550 New Member

There is an app called "stylin paracord" on the apple App Store. You have to pay for it. But it has quite a few different braids including the cobra step by step. ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1398923102.767613.jpg

-Bailey Lent
    --American Made 550
    ---www.AM550.com

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

That's a nice little app for someone to have on hand as a reference of sorts. I have a Galaxy S5 so I would (if I wanted to) download that app on my iPad Touch 4G or my iPad2.