Cellphones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrParacord, Apr 9, 2014.

1. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

What is your current cellphone?
    Today UPS dropped off my new cell phone the Samsung Galaxy S5.
    Before today I was using the Galaxy S3.

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

A couple of pics.

Attached Files:

3. havasu

havasu On permanent vacation

I have the Samsung Galaxy III and don't know 1/10th of its abilities, so I'm concerned with jumping to the S-5. Is it worth it?

4. ThreeJ

ThreeJ Member

I had a old gen2 razor flip phone. I just recently upgraded to a Samsung s4 mini.

5. havasu

My buddy just bought one of these and I helped him set it up. I was rather impressed with it.

6. flareside_ford94

flareside_ford94 New Member

Motorola Droid Razr M. I didn't want a phone with a huge screen and I have had the most durability out of Motorola and HTC phones. I don't know what my next phone will be but I do know it will not be an Apple product.

7. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Upgrading from the S3 to the S5 is worth it. The screen clarity is so much better, performance is vastly improved, better camera with a super fast auto focus.
    I will be able to tell you more once I get to know the phone better.
    Tomorrow the S5 will be in stores so if you can check it out and see if its worth upgrading.

P.S. I love technology so I will know how to operate all the features 100% in less than a week.

8. havasu

Since you are knowledgeable, let me post this question to you. With my S-3, I was in need of a time stamp on my camera for insurance purposes. I did a search and was unable to figure how to activate the time stamp, but then reading comments on the S-4, the owners claim they can not turn off the time stamp on the camera. Do you have any idea how to achieve this?

9. DaBigKahuna

DaBigKahuna New Member

@Havasu. All that data is save in the EXIF info as part of the file. Now I think what you want is to watermark the pic with time & date. I don't believe that the stock camera doesn't have that feature. You can get other camera apps from the Google Play store that will do it. Take a look at this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miracleleap.camera&hl=en

10. havasu

Kahuna. You're the man. I appreciate this!

11. DaBigKahuna

DaBigKahuna New Member

No worries. Glad to help. I do end-user support for a large non-profit.

While we don't normally support cellphones other than hooking them up to get our email, I get this kind of stuff all the time;)

12. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Once you look at the pic then look at the info of the pic it will show the time and date. But if your looking for a watermark time/date stamp then you will need an app for that.

13. higdeezy45b

higdeezy45b New Member

Google Nexus 4 love it!

14. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Welcome higdezzy45b to the forum!

15. Vin

Vin Admin

I have the S4, jumping to the S5 isn't worth it to me, it's all gimmicks added with a better camera. I'll run out the S4 until something better comes along.

16. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I agree. That's why when I had the S3 I felt the same about getting the S4.
    So for people with the S4 they should wait for the S6.
    I'll most likely wait for the S5 before I upgrade again.

17. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

My new case just arrived. So far so good. I'll post a better review after a week or two.

Attached Files: