buckle or diamond knot

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by Finweaver, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

Which one do you all use? I have only made one bracelet with a plastic buckle, but the buckle cracked quite fast so I have only used a diamond knot after that.

If I should start to sell bracelets what does people want? Is it the fast buckle or the dependable loop and knot?

Cheers

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I've used the Diamond knot a few times but I use plastic buckles for my customers.

3. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

Ok. I used a small buckle, it was probably too weak for a bracelet. Need to try again :)

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Also it could be where you bought the buckles from. Some buckles of the same size are thicker and some thinner. It depends on the manufacturer.

5. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

Yea these were extremely thin. Ordered some paracord yesterday, need to make another order on buckles. Gona order some rifle swivles aswell, want to make a gunsling.

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I never tried making a rifle sling but it did make my daughter a belt earlier this year. She will be 4 years old this December.

Attached Files:

7. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

That's awesome, a belt is something I need to make to myself aswell. The projects just stack up now

8. Nelson

Nelson New Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  9. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

Hmmm wonder what he takes for shipment to Europe? Alot of interesting buckles there.

10. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Thanks.

11. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

Got about 2k feet of cord today. Big spool of us 550 reflective orange and a mix of smaller polyester 550 packs that they were selling off cheap. Time to start tying :D

Attached Files:

12. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

Yes, I'm really happy with the investment

13. chuzzio

chuzzio New Member

The ones i make for myself are all without a buckle. Diamond knot or any other stopper knot. The things i make for other people all have buckles. No idea why but they all ask for a buckle.

14. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I prefer a buckle instead of a stopper knot. The buckle feels more secure to me as opposed to using a stopper knot.

15. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

The knot also tend to turn the bracelet so that the knot is on the top of your wrist

16. chuzzio

chuzzio New Member

If tied correct they are just as secure as the ones with a buckle. They do move a bit to the side. Its all personal i think. Both are good.

17. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

They are almost too secure. If you fall and get stuck with the bracelet, the knot will break your arm while the buckle wont. So yes it is more durable

18. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

The buckle looks more professional.

19. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

This is very true. I recently tested a loop and knot bracelet by pulling very hard on it, and the knot did not come back through the loop. Same reason I'm not a big fan of wearing shackles. I want SOMETHING on that bracelet to break before my arm gets pulled clean off.