Any Hint???

Discussion in 'How To' started by Gamer3900, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Gamer3900

Gamer3900 Prepper

Hey guys, I learned how to make my first paracord bracelet today, and I was wondering if I could get some hints how to make and sell these better. How much should I sell them for? Different designs?. Thanks guys for the help!

Attached Files:

2. L3xiical

L3xiical New Member

I sell my basic paracord bracelets for $8 but my specialty bracelets go for 10-15$

3. dcfish

dcfish New Member

8 dollars for a cobra? Wow i sell mine for 6, for other kmots the price goes up depending on how much work i feel goes into them but i havent passed a 12 dollar point yet. Thats awesome that you can get that much for your product

4. twbranch

twbranch New Member

That is kind of outrageous to me!

5. L3xiical

L3xiical New Member

Well if you look on sgt knots for example they're cobra bracelets sell for $10 each, which is pretty crazy. And my customers are older, probably more used to paying more lol

6. Todd_Halleman

Todd_Halleman New Member

All of my bracelets I sell for 5 dollars

7. Todd_Halleman

Todd_Halleman New Member

They sell nice and easy

8. L3xiical

L3xiical New Member

In the last two days I've made $100 hahah

9. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Everybody here is forgetting one thing. It's all about location. In some places I'm sure a basic cobra bracelet won't sell for more than $5 and in other places the same bracelet can sell for $8.

Online prices tend to be higher simply because there are fees associated with selling online. Now at a flea market or garage sale people will try a bargain for a good price so pricing your bracelets a few dollars higher is a good idea because people rarely pay sticker price at these places.

10. twbranch

twbranch New Member

Here is my logic...you pay a dime/foot, use 10 ft, i dont use clasps, it takes maybe 10-15 mins of tying! I have spent 1 dollar and 15 mins of my time and i am going to mark that up 800%? Ridiculous! I cant keep up with demand and i am making money! Just saying!

11. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Look at how much these bracelets sell for online. There is a company selling a very simple design online for around $10.
    So a markup of 500%+ is just business.
    Plus some people value time into dollars differently. So to someone a markup of 800% is nornal especially if people are willing to pay.

12. L3xiical

L3xiical New Member

And the fact that I live in California, the bay area is who I'm selling to. Everything is over priced here. Like EXTREMELY over priced, one lady asked me how much is shipping? & I said I don't charge shipping & she didn't believe me. The people here are used to spending so much money

13. DaBigKahuna

DaBigKahuna New Member

IMHO you're setting your cost (not selling price) too low. You're not considering all the factors.

You have a dollar in materials. What's your time worth? $10/hr? What did you pay for that show space? $50 If you're selling online, what's that online presence costing? How many bracelets will you sell at that show? 25?

Plugging those numbers;
    Materials $1
    Time $10/hr for 15 minutes = $2.50
    Space $50/25 Bracelets sold = $2
    ---------------
    Total $5.50

And that doesn't include transportation to and from the show, supplies, displays, tables, sinage, maybe an easy-up for some shade, etc.

Off the top of my head at $8/bracelet you're making less that 50% not 800%

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  14. DaBigKahuna

DaBigKahuna New Member

Can you tell who was the Business Major in College? :D

15. Gamer3900

Gamer3900 Prepper

I've been selling for 5 but buissness is slow

-Gamer3900

16. L3xiical

L3xiical New Member

Well I put my price at $8 because others sell the same product for 13$ a bracelet I make good money getting all their customers hahah

17. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Your selling at the Walmart price. Try selling at the Target and Kohls prices.

If/when I see paracord products at low prices I have to wonder if they are made from quality paracord.

Some people don't mind buying at low prices while others like to pay more because they feel they are paying for a better quality.

18. JTB_Cord

JTB_Cord New Member

Another selling point.... "BUY AMERICAN". My slogan on my FB page is "American, Texan, Hand made". I am searching hi and low for ONLY American made products, cord, clasps, rings, all of it.

Keep Twisting!
    JTB Cords
    Paracord Forum

19. Gamer3900

Gamer3900 Prepper

That's what I do on my Facebook.
    You should check out TITUS TEC INC. On Facebook.
    Please like. I just started and I'm trying to start a Buissness. The only thing is that I'm 13, and I'm working all alone so it's really hard.

-Gamer3900

20. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

As far as clasps, keyrings, etc goes the American made products will cost you more and in turn you will have to charge more for your products.

As long as you choose quality clasps, keyrings, etc they will hold up to normal use.

ALWAYS choose American made paracord because in the end if a customer ever needs to use the products they bought in an emergency you know as well as they do that the paracord will perform like it should.